Monday, February 9, 2015

A New Boot But I Can't Use It

Casa Grande, AZ

Bill drove me to the doctor's office in Gilbert at 7:45 this morning.  By the time we got home it was 2 pm and I was supposed to stop and visit my Dad but needed to get my leg elevated so came home instead.  

I've had a few phone calls about my doctor visit.  I guess all in all I'm pleased but still disappointed.  I had x-rays and my heel is mending.  The doctor said when its been 9 weeks from the accident, I can stand for balance.  I won't be able to take any steps.  I was given a boot which weighs a lot more than the splint.  Since my next appointment will be at 10 weeks from the break he let me have the boot today.  I can wear it for protection but can not put any weight on it until 9 weeks.  I guess I was pleased when he told me many patients have to wait until 12 weeks before they can stand.

I've seen people in those boots but never realized that they are steel not plastic.  I have a little pump on it to add air.  I wonder if this is a copy of the Air Jordan Shoes.  They probably cost the same.  
I felt very bad about not visiting Bud and Susie Walsh since they are so close by, so we invited them and Sherry and Dave for corn beef dinner.  It was easy to prepare and everyone knows how I hate to cook.  
Dave and Sherry Sweetman, Bill and Jan Mains, Bud and Susie Walsh

It was so good to see them again.  We never run out of things to talk about.  Susie and Sherry helped get the meal on the table and also with the clean up.  

Susie and Bud Walsh

Bill and Dave
Dave and Sherry

It was a long day, but was a very nice one until I scared the living daylights out of Bill.  It was getting late when every one left, so Bill immediately went in and started filling the bathtub for me.  I was putting away some of the dishes and Bill decided to go throw the liquid from the corned beef and cabbage outside rather than down the drain.  He went out in the back yard and when I walked into the bedroom and noticed the tub was almost to the top.  I yelled "whoa".  Big mistake.  He came running in from outside with the broth all over him white as a ghost.  He said he heard me yell outside and thought I had fallen.  I really scared him.  

I had a call from John and Gerri Beckman.  They are getting tires put on tomorrow on their motorhome.  I asked what time their appointment was and they said 9 am.  That's strange our appointment is also for 9 am.  I hope they aren't planning to put any other tires on during that time. I think the garages might be blocked.  

Turtle Safely......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting today and please feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your comments.