Friday, September 25, 2015

Day 3--Montana Owners Club Rally

Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds
Goshen, IN 

If there is one thing that you can say about a MOC Rally, you'll never be hungry.  

The days at a rally are crammed full of things to do.  Even though we didn't get to bed at our usual time last night, we were up by 7 am.  I thought we had all the time in the world as we weren't leaving until 9:45.  It was all we could do to get ready and be out the door on time.

I was amazed at the number of people who went to the MORyde tour.  The ladies had a luncheon planned in Shipshewana at the same time.  

Gary Wheeler announced he didn't think they ever had this large a group before.  

They divided the groups up in about 15 per group.  Patty was our tour guide and she did a great job.  

Bill and I had our disc brakes installed here when we attended the Escapade held in Goshen.  At that time the "Camp MORyde" didn't have the nice concrete that we noticed today.  It also didn't have the parking lot and I think they weren't into the new building.

They preferred we didn't take photos inside but that was fine with us, as we were so busy looking at all the products and how they were made.

One machine that they didn't have on our previous tour was the cardboard shipping box machine.  Basically, you tell the machine what you are shipping, and it makes a box to fit that particular item.

Gary Wheeler gave us a private tour the last time we were there and we were amazed at the products they have designed for RV's.  I didn't think you could beat that private tour but Patty did just as well as Gary.  It's a shame more companies aren't like MORyde.  You could tell all the employees liked their jobs and the company.  

When the tour was over, Patty took us upstairs and had a great lunch.  Gary must have forgotten I told him I liked my steak rare, but I'll forgive him.  Truthfully, they had a very nice luncheon.

MORyde had t-shirts for everyone.  They just didn't hand out a t-shirt.  You were able to pick out the color and size you wanted.  They always go one step beyond.

Naturally, we have a couple of things we want.  The 50 amp hose reel is one of them and the pull out shelf is also on our list.  You can't beat the fact that they'll come out to the rally and install it for free as a rally special.  

It was a great tour, and if you are ever in the area, stop by and see if they will give you a tour.  Thank you again, MORyde.  It's a company that stands behind their products and respects their customers.  

As Mark was pulling out of the parking lot, a car came screaming by us followed by a police cruiser in hot pursuit.  We followed and a couple of blocks away, the car was in the middle of the road with the door open and police cars from everywhere started arriving.  We'll check the news tonight and see if we find out any other details.  Hope they found the driver. News at 11.

The Mennonite Relief Sale was packed when we returned to the fairgrounds.  

We checked out the online auction and I can't believe all the things they were auctioning.  Anything from New York City tours to Kroger gift certificates.  There were some beautiful pieces of furniture.

For those of you who have attended an Escapade Rally here the Quilt Auction is held in the same building.  
You can't describe how beautiful these quilts are.
Row after row of them.
The tents were packed, but I knew where I wanted to eat.
I was still stuffed from lunch, but the haystacks are only available on Friday. I've been thinking about them for a long time so I knew I had to have one.  It's like that one piece of candy left in the pantry--you have to have it.  I was trying to remember all the things that were in mine and I think I counted 13 different things.  We could have fed 4 or 5 people with all that we had.  It was $9.00 which included your drink.  Lucky for us when we went through the line, we didn't think there was any seats left, so we had it put in a to go box.  Then we found some seats so just ate out of our to go box for a while and brought the rest back home.  

Dennis and Linda Ward came over right about the time I heard screeching brakes and then a big bang.  Pretty soon there were sirens and lots of emergency vehicles.  We looked over the fence and there were three cars involved in an accident.  I guess the police department here is kept pretty busy.  I'm amazed they had time to personally escort a lost Montana owner to the fairgrounds. 

Tomorrow promises to be another busy day.  

Turtle Safely..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting today and please feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your comments.